All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is one of the most preferred medical colleges in India. Candidates aiming to appear for AIIMS 2018 will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the exam. The AIIMS 2018 Eligibility Criteria consist of age limit, minimum education qualification, minimum marks, etc. Candidates cannot afford to miss out even a single eligibility.
⇒ AIIMS 2018 Toppers Available – Click Here
You Should Also Read
- AIIMS 2018 Result – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has announced AIIMS MBBS Result 2018. The result was published today at 1 PM. You can now check it online. We wish you all the good luck in the world for this result. May you qualify with excellent rank!
- AIIMS 2018 Cut Off – The cut off has dropped marginally from last year.
- AIIMS 2018 Counselling – AIIMS will do online counselling for the first time. Candidates can familiarize themselves with the mock counselling.
It is important to know the eligibility before applying: The online registration for AIIMS MBBS 2018 is open until March 05, 2018. Candidates planning to apply must check and ensure the eligibility criteria because ineligible candidates will not be granted admission. Also, as per the norms of the exam, the application fee is non-refundable. So, why waste money if not eligible?
Check the complete AIIMS Eligibility Criteria, including the age, education qualification and more below.
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS 2018 entrance exam for MBBS admission can be divided into three categories, which are:
- Age Limit
- Education Qualification
Age Limit – Candidate should be above the age of 17 years, as on December 21, 2018. This means that the candidates born on or after January 02, 2002, are ineligible.
Education Qualification – The minimum education qualification required to be eligible for the examination is as follows:
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 / equivalent from a recognized board.
- The core subjects in 10+2 should have been Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- In the above mentioned subjects, the applicant should have secured a minimum of 60% marks. However, if a candidate belongs to SC / ST / PwD category then the required minimum marks is 50%.
-If candidates get CGPA instead of marks then the candidate need to mention the conversion factor in the application form. The factors should be approved by the board.-Candidates appearing / appeared for an examination which is equivalent to 10+2 need to produce a certificate from concerned authority. The certificate will ensure that the exam is at par with 12th class examination, under 10+2 scheme.-Also, the candidates in the final year of 10+2 / equivalent can also apply. However, these candidates need to provide a document evidence of passing, ensuring the other criteria as well.
Nationality – The candidates applying for AIIMS MBBS 2018 should be a citizen of India. However:
- Under Section 7 (A) of Citizenship Act 1955, the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are also eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS admission.
- These candidates need to satisfy all the criteria of eligibility above.
- The candidates will also have to submit a proof of Registration as OCI or NRI, under the give Section 7 (A) of Citizenship Act 1955.
-The Govt. of India also nominated Foreign candidates for the admission. The foreign candidates are exempted from the entrance exam of AIIMS.-These candidates need to obtained 50% marks, in the intermediate course, in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.-To get nominated, the candidates need to contact Indian Mission / Post Board, in their country, and the Ministry of External Affair.
About AIIMS MBBS 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 admission will be done on the basis of written examination. It will be held on May 26 and 27, 2018. The examination will be of 200 marks, in which the candidates will have to solve 200 objective type questions. The questions will be asked on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, and Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. The candidates will only get 3 hours and 30 minutes to finish the paper. Hence, with knowledge, the candidates also need speed and accuracy to qualify.