AIIMS New Delhi has released the date and notice for AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018. Candidates aiming to learn more about the respective area of medicine can go for the fellowship programme. The selection of fellows will be done on the basis of performance in the written examination and departmental assessment. But the candidates will first have to apply. The application form will be available from February 20, 2018, and the exam will be held on April 14, 2018. Check details about AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 from this page.
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018
AIIMS Fellowship Programme is very popular among the PG graduates in Medicine. The duration of the exam is 1 to 2 years, depending on the department in which the fellowship is begin done. The candidates can keep track of all the important dates for Fellowship admission from the table below:
|AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018||Important Dates|
|Availability of Application Form||20 Feb 2018|
|The Last Date to Submit the Application Form||13 Mar 2018|
|CBT Exam Date (Stage I)||14 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result||19 Apr 2018|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage II)||27 and 28 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||02 May 2018|
The admission in Fellowship Programme of AIIMS is granted twice a year. The first session will be in January and the second session will be conducted in July 2018. The Jan 2018 admissions are over and the details on this page are for the July 2018 admission.
Official Notice for AIIMS Fellowship Program July 2018 is as follows:
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Application Form
The application form of AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 will only be available online, on aiimsexams.org. The candidates will not be able to apply via any other mode. In order to apply, the candidates first need to register by entering basic details like Name, Parents Name, Gender, Date of Birth, etc.
Then, the candidates will have to enter education qualification and address details in the form. To conclude the application process, the candidates need to upload the scanned required images and pay the application fee.
Application Fee – The amount of application fee to be submitted by the candidates is as follows:
|General / OBC||Rs. 1000 + Transaction Charges|
|SC / ST||Rs. 800/- + Transaction Charges|
|OPH||Exempted from Any Fee|
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee online by using:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is important to know the eligibility criteria of the fellowship programme for the various departments because the ineligible candidates will not be granted admission. You can check the required qualification for the fellowship programme from the points below.
There is no age limit but for a particular department, the candidates should possess:
Cardiac‐Anesthesiology Department –
- MD in Anesthesiology with three years experience as a Senior Resident or in Anesthesiology/Cardiac Anesthesia.
- DM in Cardiac Anaesthesia.
CMET Department –
- NOC is required from HOD/Faculty Cell.
- They will have to submit the bond to serve AIIMS for 5 years after they will get the Fellowship Certificate. Apart from this, they can also pay Rs.5,00,000/‐.
For CTVS Department:
- M.Ch in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
For Orthodontics and Dentofacial Deformities, CDER Department:
- MDS in Orthodontics and 3 years Senior Residency or equivalent in Orthodontics recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Teaching experience in a dental college or Institution recognized by DCI.
For ENT Department:
- MS in ENT from the institute recognized by MCI with three years experience as a Senior Resident in MCI recognized teaching hospital.
- M.Ch in Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology recognized MCI.
For Gynaecology Department:
- MD/MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology or equivalent degree with three years experience as a Senior Resident or in Gynaecology.
For Medical Oncology Department:
- Should have the degree of DM in Medical Oncology or Clinical Hematology or Pediatric Oncology recognized by MCI.
For Neuro‐Anesthesiology Department:
- MD in Anaesthesiology/Medicine with three years experience as a Senior Resident in Anaesthesiology/Medicine in an MCI recognized teaching hospital.
- DM in Neuroanesthesiology/ Neurology
- M.Ch in Neuro‐Surgery.
For Neurology Department:
- The candidates must possess the degree of DM in Neurology recognized by MCI.
For Neuro‐Surgery Department:
- MS in Orthopedics with three years experience as a Senior Resident or equivalent in Orthopedics.
- M.Ch in Neurosurgery recognized by MCI.
For Neuro‐Surgery Department:
- The candidates must possess the degree of M.Ch in Neurosurgery recognized by MCI.
For Radiology Department:
- You must have the degree of MD in Radio Diagnosis with three years experience as a Senior Resident in an MCI recognized teaching hospital.
For Surgery Department:
- Should possess a degree of MS in General Surgery with three years experience as a Senior Resident in General Surgery in an MCI recognized teaching hospital.
- Must have done M.Ch in Urology from a university recognized by MCI.
For Urology Department:
- M.Ch in Urology recognized by the Medical Council of India.
For Urology/Gynaecology Department:
- MD/MS in Obst. & Gynaecology.
- Three years experience as a Senior Resident Gynaecology.
- M.Ch in Urology recognized by MCI.
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the fellowship programme will be released on the official website. You will be required to download the admit card by entering the candidate’s id and password. You are advised to check all the details on the admit card carefully. If there will be an error on the admit card or the unavailability of admit card then you should contact to the Assistant Controller (Examinations), AIIMS, New Delhi through email. It is mandatory to carry the admit card at the time to appear in the exam. The candidature will be canceled you will fail to do so.
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Exam Pattern and Selection Process
The admission in AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 will be in two stages. The first stage will be Computer Based Test (CBT) and the second stage will be Departmental Test. You can check the details regarding both stages from below.
Stage-I: Computer Based Test
- Type of Questions: The questions will be Multiple Choice.
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions will be 60.
- Total Marks: The total marks for this stage will be 60.
- Total Time Duration: The candidates will get 60 minutes to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme of Stage-I: The candidates can check the marking scheme from the below points:
- You will get 1 mark for every correct answer.
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- For review and unattempted questions zero marks will be given.
Stage-I: Computer Based Test
- The candidates who will secure minimum 50% percentile will be called for the second stage.
- This stage will be a departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment.
- The maximum marks for this stage will be 40.
Documents to be carried for Stage-II: The candidates will have to bring some documents at the time of appearing for the stage-II. You can check the documents from below.
- Documents related to Educational Qualifications.
- MBBS Mark Sheet
- Date of birth Certificate
- Category related Documents
- Experience related Documents etc.
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Cutoff
The cutoff for AIIMS Fellowship will be used to delimit candidates for Stage II, i.e. Departmental Assessmet. The candidates above 50th percetlie will be called for the seciond stage.
AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018 Result
The result for both stages will be declared separately. The result of Stage-I will be released in the pdf format. It will not be prepared on the basis of merit list. There will be the roll number of the candidate, name and the details about the departmental assessment. The final result will also be released in the pdf format. The final result will contain the roll number, the name of the candidate, category and the marks obtained. The final result will be prepared on the basis of the merit list.
Seat Matrix for AIIMS Fellowship Programme July 2018
There is no official notification available for the seats of July session. But it is expected that the number of seats will be same as that in the January Session 2018. Hence, for the candidates, we have given the seat matrix of last session below.
|Department||Fellowship||Open seats||Sponsored Seats||Total|
|Cardiac Anesthesiology||Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia||01||01||02|
|CMET||Clinical Research Methodology and Evidence-Based Medicine||01||00||01|
|ENT||Skull Base Surgery||01||01||02|
|Medical Ontology||Blood and Marrow Transplantation||01||01||02|
|Neuro Anesthesiology||Neuro Critical Care||03||00||03|
|Neuro-Surgery||Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Surgery (NS)||02||00||02|
|OBST & Gynecology||Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery||00||01||01|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Deformities, CDER||Cleft and Craniofacial Orthodontics||01||01||02|
|Surgery||Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery||01||01||02|
|Surgery||Renal Transplant Surgery||01||01||02|
|Urology||Minimal Invasive Urology Laparoscopic and Robotics||02||01||03|
|Urology||Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgery-Adult||02||01||03|