AIIMS 2018 Merit List: AIIMS 2018 Result has been declared today i.e June 18, 2018. The result has been announced in the form of the Rank list and the roll number wise list. The merit list will be prepared separately as per the category of the student. Merit list of AIIMS 2018 is necessary. It will decide the chances of the candidate for the counselling process. The candidates can check the merit list from this page as well. A link will be provided for the same.
Read this page about AIIMS 2018 Merit List to know all about it and what will be followed by it. The candidates who have appeared for the AIIMS 2018 Exam must read this page to check the merit list once the AIIMS 2018 Result is announced.
AIIMS 2018 Merit List
The merit list of AIIMS 2018 is important for the candidates who have appeared for this exam. The rank in the merit list will determine their chances of being called for the counselling process. Check this page to know all about it and other related things.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Rank List
AIIMS 2018 result has been announced results in both rank wise and roll number wise list. The total numbers of candidates eligible for the Online Counselling are four times the actual number of seats shown in each of the category. If the actual numbers of seats are not filled from the candidates mentioned in the list for the Online Counselling, qualified candidates who are subsequent in the merit list for each category may be called for later rounds of the process. The students can download both the list to check their results. A link has been provided for both of them.
Check AIIMS 2018 Result from Rank List: Click here to check the AIIMS 2018 result from Rank List.
Check AIIMS 2018 Result from Roll Number List: Click here to check the AIIMS 2018 Result from Roll Number list.
How will AIIMS 2018 Merit List be prepared?
The AIIMS 2018 Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the percentile score of the candidate in the exam. It has to be noted by the candidate who has appeared for the exam that this score is different from the percentage score. The examination results for each shift would be prepared in the form of Raw Scores, Percentages and Percentiles
The percentile score will be calculated for each subject i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge. Percentile for total will also be calculated. It will be up to 7 decimal places.
For total, the Percentile of the Total shall not be an aggregate or average of the Percentile of individual subjects.
The percentile of each subject will be on the basis of raw score in each subject and is as follows:
- Total Percentile (TP): 100x (No of candidates from the group with Total Marks less than equal T/ No of candidates in the group/shift)
- Biology Percentile(S1P): 100x (No of candidates from the group with Biology less than equal to S1/ No of candidates in the group/shift)
- Chemistry Percentile (S2P): 100x (No of candidates from the group with Biology less than equal to S2/ No of candidates in the group/shift)
- Physics Percentile (S3P): 100x (No of candidates from the group with Physics less than equal to S3/ No of candidates in the group/shift)
- General Knowledge Percentile (S4P): 100x (No of candidates from the group with General Knowledge less than equal to S4/ No of candidates in the group/shift)
To be eligible for the counselling process of AIIMS, the candidate must have the minimum or more than the qualifying marks in the exam. Overall merit of the candidate will be done by merging of Percentiles of Total scores of each shift i.e first & second shifts.
How will the ties be resolved for AIIMS 2018?
There may be cases where two candidates have scored the same percentile in AIIMS 2018 Exam. If this case arises, the tie will be resolved according to the following criteria:
- Candidates obtaining higher in Biology in the Entrance Examination will be given the priority.
- Next priority will be given to the candidates who have obtained higher in Chemistry in the Entrance Examination if they score equally in the Biology section.
- If the two students score same marks in the chemistry subject, marks in Physics examination will be considered. Whoever has scored higher on the subject will be given priority.
- If none of the above satisfies, the candidate who is older will be given preference over the younger one.
There will be in total 4 lists which will be prepared according to the category of the candidate.
AIIMS 2018 Counselling
AIIMS 2018 Counselling will be conducted as per the merit list prepared. It will be conducted in online mode. The candidates who have qualified the exam will be called for the counselling as per the rank which the candidate has secured in the merit list. The details of the counselling will be updated on the official website of AIIMS once the results are declared.