AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern – Know the complete AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern here. It tells topics from which questions are asked in AIIMS 2018, number of questions in each subject, marking scheme, timings, and other details. AIIMS Exam Pattern 2018 is an important thing for the candidates. AIIMS 2018 is on 26 and 27 May 2018. It is one of the toughest medical entrance exams to crack. Knowing the exam pattern will help the candidate be prepared for the D-Day. It will also help them in beating the stress as well which comes up naturally. If they crack this exam, they will be securing admissions to one of the most prestigious medical colleges in India.
⇒ AIIMS 2018 Toppers Available – Click Here
You Should Also Read
- AIIMS 2018 Result – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has announced AIIMS MBBS Result 2018. The result was published today at 1 PM. You can now check it online. We wish you all the good luck in the world for this result. May you qualify with excellent rank!
- AIIMS 2018 Cut Off – The cut off has dropped marginally from last year.
- AIIMS 2018 Counselling – AIIMS will do online counselling for the first time. Candidates can familiarize themselves with the mock counselling.
Aspirants preparing for AIIMS 2018 must read this page about AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern. We are giving the detailed pattern of this exam, the marking scheme, and some bonus preparation tips for the students. Keep scrolling the page for more information.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
AIIMS 2018 is conducted for admissions to the MBBS Course at AIIMS Delhi along with 8 others new AIIMS including those which have been established recently; there is a single exam for all institutes which is held as per AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern. Check the detailed exam pattern, marking scheme and much important information.
AIIMS 2018 will be an online Computer Based Test (CBT). Aspirants will have to answer total 200 questions in the online test.
As per AIIMS Exam Pattern 2018, 140 questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type and the rest 60 questions will be of Reasoning Assertion type. The questions will be distributed across 5 sections. The sections in the paper are as follows:
- Biology- This section will include questions from zoology and botany.
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude and Logical Thinking
The number of questions indicated in AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern in each of the section is as follows:
|Section||No of Questions|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10|
3.5 hours (three hours and thirty minutes) have been given for attempting the complete exam. The exam will be conducted in 2 shifts: morning and evening shift.
Now that you know AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern, here are a few more things to know.
Candidates must ensure that they reach the examination hall on time along with the required important documents. The documents are as follows:
- AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
- Valid ID Card for verification purpose
The questions will be as per AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern in the competitive examination. They will be from 11th and 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. Candidates must note that the Institute has not prescribed their own syllabus for the examination. So the candidates must prepare from their standard books only.
In AIIMS Exam Pattern 2018, language of paper is an important aspect. The language of the question paper will be provided in English/Hindi. This choice has to be selected by the candidate when they will be filling the application form. This choice cannot be changed later at any stage. Hence the candidate must make the choice very carefully.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern Marking Scheme
There will be marks for correct answer and negative marking for the wrongly answered questions. For every correct answer, you get 1 mark. However there is a deduction of 0.33 marks for a wrong answer. You will not get any marks for questions in which you did not mark any answer. Questions that are “marked for review” also do not get any marks.
Minimum cutoffs for the AIIMS 2018 Paper
There is a minimum cutoff set by AIIMS for this examination. Those who are appearing for AIIMS 2018 must score up to or more than the minimum cutoff to be eligible for the online counselling process. Check the cutoff which has been provided below:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||45%|
|PWBD||Cut Off in the respective category|
Every medical aspirant knows that AIIMS is one tough nut to crack. They aspire to study in one of the most reputable medical colleges in India. Lakhs study day and night to get a seat here. Hence it is important that the candidate prepares for the exam with discipline. Considering the few days left for the exam, they must read these small tips to not miss out any important things:
- Take more mocks on the lines of AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern, during days before the examination. It will help the candidates make fewer mistakes during the paper. Luck on their side, they might get same questions in the main exam.
- Revise and Revise! The main mistake that the candidates make in the last days is not revising enough. Now you know AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern so all you need to do is revise all the important formulas, concepts which will be helpful to them and the questions might come up from that subject/topic that the candidate revised.
- Eat a healthy diet and take a good sleep of atleast 7-8 hours before the exam and especially one day before the exam. They will not be feeling sleepy on the exam day which is important.
- Keep the stress away! It is natural that the candidate feels stressful before the examination. Everyone feels that. But letting it grow over your head is the worst thing that one can do to themselves. Practising meditation and breathing exercises will help greatly in reducing the stress.
- Be positive! Whatever will happen, will be for the best. Just focus on doing well in the exam.
All the best to AIIMS 2018 aspirants!!
If you have any queries about AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern, please ask in comments below.