Armed Forces Medical Services DM MCh Super Speciality Admission 2017 is done on the basis of NEET-SS score. To do so, the candidates will have to participate in NEET-SS Counselling, which is being held by Medical Council Committee (MCC). The AFMC counselling is being carried out online, on mcc.nic.in. The registration for round 1 of AFMC MCC counselling 2017 has ended and now the seat allotment result is awaited on August 18, 2017. The candidates can check complete details about AFMC DM MCh Superspeciality Admission 2017 from this page.
AFMC DM MCh Superspeciality 2017 Important Dates
The candidates may check all the important dates for AFMC DM MCh Superspeciality Admission 2017 from the table below:
|Online registration can be done until||August 12 to 16, 2017|
|Choice filling can be done until||August 14 to 16, 2017|
|Processing of seat allotment Round 1||August 17, 2017|
|Seat allotment Round 1 result||August 18, 2017|
|Reporting at the allocated college||August 19 to 21, 2017|
|Choice filling for Round 2||August 23, 2017|
|Processing of seat allotment Round 2||August 24, 2017|
|Announcement of seat allotment result for Round 2||August 25, 2017|
|Reporting at allocated college||August 26 to 29, 2017|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State and Institutions for MOP Up Round||August 29, 2017|
Official Notice for AFMC SS Admission 2017
Seat Matrix in AFMC for DM MCh Super Speciality Course
The seat matrix and recognition status of it, is given as below:
- DM (Cardiology) : 01(Recognized)
- MCh (CTVS Surgery) : 03 (01 seat recognized and 02 seats permitted)
- MCh (Neurosurgery) : 03 (All recognized)
- MCh (Plastic Surgery) : 03 (All recognized)
Eligibility Criteria of AFMC DM MCh Superspeciality Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in AFMC must fulfil the eligibility criteria of AFMC DM Admission 2017. It is better to check the eligibility before applying because if the candidate is found ineligible in later stages of admission, the candidature will be cancelled.
The AFMC DM MCh Superspeciality admission eligibility criteria are as stated below:
Citizenship: The candidates should be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: The age limit varies for each category of candidates and is as below:
- Civilian Candidates – Maximum age limit is 40 years, as on August 01, 2017.
- Ex-SSC AFMS Officers – Maximum age limit is 40 years, as on Aug 01, 2017.
- Sponsored Candidates – According to the rules of the Govt. of India.
- AFMS Officers – According to the extant training rules.
Graduation Degree – Candidates must own MBBS and MD/MS/DNB Degrees. These must have been awarded by an institute recognized by State Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
- Students in their final years may also apply. However, they must complete their PG by July 31, 2017.
Note: A candidate who already pursuing superspeciality cannot apply for AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality?
AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality Admission Process
Registration and Choice Filling: The registration process with MCC has ended. Now, the registration facility will not open. However, the registered candidates will be able to submit choices again in the Round 2 of counselling.
Seat Allotment: The choices of the submitted candidates will be matched with their merit in NEET-SS and as per it the seat will be allocated to them.
Reporting and Document Verification: Next, the candidates will have to report at AFMC, where the document verification round will be held. The verification will be done to check the eligibility of the candidates. The civilian doctors will also have to go through medical examination as well.
The documents to be carried by the candidates are as below:
- 6 passport size photographs
- NEET-SS Admit card
- Score card of NEET-SS
- Copy of Class X certificates
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Permanent/ provisional State Medical Council Registration Certificate of MBBS and Post Graduation course
- Copy of MBBS & Post-graduation Passing Certificate if degree has not been received.
- Copy of Nationality Certificate
- MBBS/MD/MS/DNB Attempt Certificate
- Transfer Certificate for those who are non AFMC candidate.
- Migration certificate, only for Non MUHS candidate.
- Aaddhar card
- Sponsorship certificate, if sponsored by Para Military Forces/ other Govt of India organization.
- Release order from Armed Forces Medical Services.
- Release order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS / concerned Medical Directorate, in case of Ex-AFMS/ SSC Officers
- If the civilian candidate is selected then they will be required to execute a bond agreement for serving 5 years with AFMS.
Admission Confirmed: Once all the formalities are done and the candidates is verified as eligible, the final admission will be granted to the candidate.
Postal Address: Headquarters Training Team, AFMC, Near Race Course, Pune – 411040, Maharashtra
Telephone and Fax Number: 020-26331580
Email ID: [email protected]