AFMC MBBS Admission 2018 – Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune will conduct the MBBS Admission 2018 for the candidates seeking admission to MBBS course. The online applications will be invited from the candidates with a NEET score. Interested candidates can apply for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018 through the official website i.e. mcc.cic.in during the registration window provided by DGHS. the selection of the candidates will be based on the NEET UG 2018 score and screening at AFMC. For all the relevant information regarding ‘AFMC MBBS Admission 2018’, the candidates can refer to the information on this page.
Candidates who will be willing to apply for the MBBS Admission 2018 must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria specified by the AFMC for the concerned course. The candidates will be required to fill the application form as per the scheduled dates only. After the last date of registration, a list of the candidates who will apply for AFMC will be provided by the DGHS.
Important Dates for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018
Candidates will be required to go through the expected important dates regarding the AFMC MBBS Admission 2018 as given below in the table:
|Commencement of Online Registration||1st week of July 2018|
|Receipt of list of Candidates who have applied||2nd week of July 2018|
|List of Shortlisted Candidates for Screening||2nd week of July 2018|
|Date of Screening||3rd week of July 2018|
|Publication of List of Selected and Waitlisted Candidates||Last week of July 2018|
|Admission of Selected Candidates||Last week of July 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS Course will have to be eligible as per the norms of the conducting body. The eligibility criteria for the candidates will be as follows:
Nationality – The candidates must be a citizen of India. The Foreign Nationals of Indian Origin can only be admitted if they will acquire Indian Citizenship or Ministry of Home Affairs will issue a certificate of eligibility to them.
Marital Status – The candidates must be unmarried and getting married during the course will not be permitted.
Medical Fitness – The candidates must be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence.
Age Limit – The candidates must be minimum 17 years of age as on December 31, 2018 but must not be of 24 years on that date i.e. must not be born earlier than January 1, 1995, and not later than December 31, 2001.
Educational Qualification – the candidates must have passed one of the qualifying examination in the first attempt as listed below:
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognised University/Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and BIology including the practical test in all of these science subjects.
- Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and BIology including the practical test in all of these science subjects.
- The First year of 3 years Degree course from a recognised University with English, Physics, Chemistry and BIology including the practical test in all of these science subjects and the examination should be a University examination.
- Senior SEcondary of a statutory EXamination Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study out of which last two years must comprise Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at the higher level.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at the Higher level and any one of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject.
- B.Sc examination from a recognised Indian University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
The candidates must have scored minimum 60% marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard.
Selection Process for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the NEET UG 2018 score and screening at AFMC. The two merits lists will be prepared out of which one will be for Male and one will be for Female. The admission will be given to the shortlisted candidates as per their final merit position. The remaining candidates will be placed on the waiting list.
AFMC MBBS Admission 2018 Application Form
Eligible candidates who will be willing to pursue MBBS course in AFMC will have to register and apply on DGHS website mcc.nic.in during the registration window which will be provided by DGHS. The candidates will have to fill the correct and complete details along with the NEET scores details. The candidates will be requested to complete the application process before the last date for submission of the application form.
Screening for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018
After the registration process, the list of the candidates who will apply for AFMC will be published by DGHS. THE NEET Roll No. of the candidates will be shortlisted for the screening on the basis of their merit. The screening will be held at AFMC, Pune. All the relevant information regarding the screening process will be uploaded on the website i.e. afmcdg1d.gov.in or mcc.nic.in as per the scheduled dates.
Admission Process for AFMC MBBS Admission 2018
The candidates who will be shortlisted in the screening will be called for the final admission to the MBBS course. The candidates will have to carry the NEET 2018 Admit Card containing NEET Roll Number, original mark sheets of their qualifying examination and other documents. The details regarding the documents will be provided to the candidates at the time of screening. The medical examination will also be taken to check the candidate’s medical fitness, prior to the admission to college. If any candidate will forget any of the documents then his/her candidature will be cancelled by the conducting body.