AFMC 2018 notification has been released. AFMC MBBS admission will be organized by AFMC Pune, DGHS and MCC. Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune offers 105 MBBS seats for boys, and 25 MBBS seats for girls. Admission is on basis of NEET scores, using which around 1500 candidates are shortlisted. After that AFMC holds screening test for them, which is sometimes referred to as AFMC 2018 exam. Candidates must first appear in NEET exam and then fill AFMC 2018 application form. All students get cadet status. After completing MBBS, cadets are commissioned in Army, Navy, Air Force as Medical Officer – class I gazette officers. They either get permanent commission or short service commission.
Get here all updates on AFMC 2018. Admission is on basis of NEET 2018 result / rank.
AFMC 2018 Latest Updates – Brochure Released
15 Jun 2018: MCC has issued a notification regarding AFMC admission.
15 Jun 2018: AFMC 2018 information brochure released. Click here.
13 Jun 2018: NEET 2018 counselling started. Check here.
March 2018: AFMC 2018 notice released.
The notice says
Candidates desirous of seeking admission in MBBS Course at AFMC Pune for 2018 session are advised the following:
- Register for NEET (UG) – 2018.
- On successfully clearing the NEET (UG) Exam, the candidates are required to register themselves on the Medical Counseling Committee website www.mcc.nic.in. The registration can be completed by clicking on the subhead “AFMC Medical Counseling” under the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- The shortlisted candidates would be called to AFMC Pune for further screening tests.
- Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated by following the website www.afmc.nic.in for further information.
Course for AFMC 2018 will commence in August. The MBBS course is of 4.5 years duration followed by compulsory rotating internship training of 1 year. AFMS commissioned cadets undergo internship training in selected service hospitals.
AFMC 2018 Important Dates
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is using CBSE NEET UG 2018 score to shortlist candidates. After that, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a screening test. Date of screening test will be announced along with merit lists. You can check all dates relevant to AFMC 2018 MBBS admission here.
|Registration||As per MCC|
|Display of list of candidates shortlisted for screening test||20 Jun 2018|
|Date of exam / screening test||Will Be Announced On 20 Jun 2018|
|Display of list of selected / waitlisted candidates||To be announced|
|Reporting of selected candidates for admission||To be announced|
|Reporting of waitlisted candidates subject to vacancy||To be announced|
AFMC 2018 Application Form
Registration for AFMC 2018 is available at mcc.nic.in and afmcdg1d.gov.in. Candidates can apply as per schedule on official website. It is advised that they read information brochure thoroughly before filling up the form.
- You will require your NEET 2018 roll number in order to submit AFMC 2018 form.
- Login, after registration, can be done using roll number and password.
AFMC 2018 Cut Off
A very important aspect of admission is cut off. AFMC cut off refers to minimum marks which you need to get shortlisted for screening process.
The institute will announce cut off for AFMC 2018 MBBS admission when it publishes shortlist, which will be somewhere in July.
But until then, you can check past year cut off trends. This will give you an idea of what AFMC 2018 cut off may be.
|Year||AFMC Cut Off for Girls||AFMC Cut Off for Boys|
AFMC 2018 Eligibility
Only eligible candidates should apply. Eligibility criteria of AFMC 2018 MBBS admission, as expected from last year’s brochure, is given below.
- General conditions.
- You should be a citizen of India.
- You should not be married. In fact, you cannot marry during course.
- You should be medically fit as per standards of GOI, Ministry of Defence (see height, weight, visual standards, hearing standards)
Those who are from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Jammu and Kashmir are also eligible.
- Age limit
In order to be eligible for AFMC 2018 admission, you should be at least 17 years old as on 31 Dec 2018. Also you should not have attained 24 years of age on that date.
- Educational qualification
- You should have passed any one of the qualifying exams listed below, in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Your aggregate score in three science subjects should be at least 60%. Also, your score in English and each science subject should be at least 50%.
- You should have also passed an exam of Mathematics in class 12th.
Qualifying exams eligible for AFMC 2018 can be
- HS (10+2) or equivalent in science of a recognized board or university which shall include practical test in all 3 subjects.
- Pre-professional / pre-medical exam with english, physics, chemistry, biology (after passing HS exam or Pre-university exam) including practical test.
- 1st year of 3-year degree course with english, physics, chemistry, biology including practical test in science subjects provided exam is a university exam.
- Senior secondary of exam board of Indian school certificate exam of 12 years study in wchih last 2 years study comprises of physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- Higher secondary school certificate exam of Maharashtra state board of higher secondary education with English at higher level. Any one of modern Indian or foreign or classical languages, physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics or any other elective subject.
- Any other exam equivalent to higher secondary science / pre professional / pre medical exam of Indian university or board with english, physics, chemistry, biology including practical test in each science subject.
- Sc exam. Provided you have passed B.Sc in no less than 2 subjects physics, chemistry, botany, zoology and also passed qualifying exam with physics, chemistry, biology, English. Marks criteria for 10+2 will remain same with B.Sc candidates also.
Those who are appearing in qualifying exam upto 30 Apr 2018 can also apply.
AFMC 2018 Syllabus
Those who get shortlisted for screening test must be aware of syllabus. First, know what AFMC 2018 exam is about.
- Identification and Verification of documents
- Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic & Reasoning (ToELR)
- Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
- Interview by the Board of Officers
- Medical Examination & Medical Board
As can be seen, during screening, you will first undergo verification of documents. Your several documents must be in order. It is advisable to keep them ready from the day you apply. Avoid last minute rush to gather documents as that increases chances of missing out on something.
Then you will sit for a ToELR. It is a test for English language comprehension, logic and reasoning. To do well in it, you should practice from some standard English books that have verbal ability tests.
After that you will appear for psychological assessment test. This is because, as AFMC says:
The selected candidates need to have leadership qualities, effective communication skills and excellent physical standards, as the same are prime requisites for serving officers of the Armed Forces.
To do well in this test, well, you need to be actually fit for AFMC to clear it.
Finally for medical exam you will be checked for all medical parameters.
How to crack AFMC in first attempt?
Competition to get admission in AFMC is very fierce. To begin with, you need an excellent score in NEET.
Once you have done well in NEET, chances are higher that you get shortlisted.
Tips for interview
Interview panel will check your presence of mind. They may ask you about your hobbies and questions could lead in direction of hobbies. They may also ask you why you want to join AFMC. Usually there are no PCB related questions.
- Be confident.
- Be honest.
Brush up your GK too. A cadet should be aware of what is happening around him or her.
- Have a clear answer on why you want to join.
Regarding your reasons for joining AFMC, think of it yourself: why do you want to join it? There is no right or wrong answer to this question. An honest heartfelt answer, that is logical also will get you through. Once again, be honest.
- Go smartly dressed.
- Sit up smart .
- Take relevant certificates.
- Listen to question, think carefully, then answer.
AFMC MBBS 2018 Information Brochure
AFMC has released its admission brochure. It contains complete details of admission procedure. Information brochure serves as a single document that explains all aspects of getting admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune, what happens after that, and so on.
It is important for candidates to read AFMC 2018 information brochure thoroughly before applying. After applying also, if at anytime they have any query regarding admissions, they can refer brochure once. If query is not solved by that, comments section is open below for query solving.
You can read information brochure issued for AFMC 2018. Download brochure here.
AFMC 2018 Result – Interview List
After you submit application form for AFMC 2018 MBBS admission, shortlisting takes place. If you have marks equal to or more than cut off score, then you get shortlisted.
Last year the cut off to be in interview list was 600 for girls, and 570 for boys. Note that there are 25 seats for girls and 105 seats for boys. Around 1500 candidates will be shortlisted as per interview list.
Interview list – AFMC 2018 result interview list will be published.
AFMC 2018 Result – Merit List
AFMC portal of MCC site www.mcc.nic.in, afmc.nic.in, afmcdg1d.gov.in will host merit lists. Merit lists will also be available at DGAFMS, New Delhi, and AFMC Pune. Candidates must check websites and lists to know if they are selected. If yes, they must report to centres on assigned dates.
Merit list – AFMC 2018 merit list will be published.
Reporting dates – AFMC 2018 reporting dates will be published with merit list.
Documents required at time of admission
- Class 10 marksheet
- Pass certificate of class 10
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Pass certificate of class 12
- Date of birth proof
- Nationality certificate
- Gap certificate if gap is more than 2 years
- Proof of passing class 12 as regular candidate
- Character certificate
- Income proof of parents
- Domicile certificate
- Color photograph in white background
- NCC certificate if applicable
- Sports certificate
- Proof of ex-servicemen status
- Serving candidate if one or both parents are serving personnels
- Aadhar card
- NEET 2018 mark sheet
- NEET 2018 admit card
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Caste validity certificate if applicable
- Transfer certificate or school leaving certificate
- Migration certificate
Fee for AFMC 2018 MBBS admission is likely to remain same as last year, which was as follows.
AFMC Medical Fitness Criteria
To be declared fit for admission, the candidate must be in good physical and mental health. Medical Examination will be carried out by a Board of Officers at AFMC Pune, prior to admission to the College. The candidates will be categories as Fit or Unfit by the Board.
The height and weight requirements as per standards laid down for Armed Forces are given below:
- For Girls: In case of female candidates, minimum height of 144 cms and minimum weight of 36 Kgs is essential.
- For Boys: The male candidates with height below 157.5 cms (152.5 cms for Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese, and Garhwali) and weight below 47 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
|Particulars||Better eye||Worse Eye|
|Near Vision (Corrected)||N5||N8|
|Myopia of not more than||– 3.5 D in any one meridian|
|Hypermetropia of not more than||+ 3.5 D in any one meridian. Including astigmatism|
What Are the Career Prospects after Completion of MBBS at AFMC?
Those who will successfully complete their MBBS Course from AFMC can join the Armed Forces Medical Services as Commissioned Officers in one of the three services, namely, Army, Navy and Air Force. On the basis of merit-cum-choice, 50% of the medical cadets are offered Permanent Commission (PC) and the rest Short Service Commission (SSC). However, promotions to next higher ranks in the Cadre will be subject to their satisfactory service and fitness for the next rank.
|Sr. No||Rank||Remarks||Level 1 Monthly Basic Pay (in Rs.)|
|2||Lieutenant||Captain||On completion of Internship||61,300|
|3||Captain||Major||After 4 years of service as Captain||69,400|
|4||Majo||Lieutenant Colonel||After 7 years of service as Major||1,21,200|
|5||Lieutenant Colonel||Colonel||By selection||1,30,600|
|7||Brigadier||Major General||By selection||1,44,200|
|8||Major General||Lieutenant General||By selection||HAG = 1,82,200
HAG+ = 2,05,400